Monday

Bouquets to Art: Part 1

Next week, a team of CSM students, including myself, will be creating a floral design for the event Bouquets to Art, inspired by a piece at the de Young Museum in San Francisco.  Over the past few weeks we have been discussing containers, floral materials and design ideas.  Our inspiration is a Meso-American mask which is one of 6 that are known to exist.

We have some pretty cool ideas and I'm excited to work on this piece.  I hope you are able to go and check it out.  Details below:

Bouquets to Art exhibit
March 13-17
de Young Museum


*****************update*******************

Monday is our install date, but I thought I'd share some photos of the progress so far:






Check back in on Monday evening for pictures of the design itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment