Tuesday

Mission City Opera- Gala fundraiser

Last October, I offered to donate several floral arrangements to help raise funds for Mission City Opera.  It was a masqued ball so I decided to incorporate masks into the designs.  The colors were up to my discretion as long as they were bright, so I used bright pinks, yellows, oranges, reds and purples in the designs.

There were four large pieces that had costume masks in the design.  Gladiolas, roses, hydrangea and peacock feathers gave it a bright and cheery feeling.  Here is one of them:




 At the sign in table, I thought it would be fun to have a pave design.  I enlisted my friend Kim to help since she is a genius with pave designs.  Using carnations and spray roses, we came up with this:



On each of the tables, I decided to go simple.  Two mini calla lilies in purple and orange and yellow fringe tipped tulips were place in a bowl with aqua gems and a immersible light.  Simple but very pretty.



It was a fun event, and the flowers were a hit.  I love working with these bright colors.  I find them extremely sassy and eye catching.  Peacock feathers are also a favorite item for me to work with.  Hope you enjoyed these pictures!

Stay tuned for next week when I will discuss using Social Media in your special event.

No comments:

Post a Comment