Monday

Finding "The" Dress

This past week I have stared looking for my wedding dress.  Before going in to the first bridal boutique, I did some research on what to expect while shopping since this is one aspect of planning a wedding that I've never been involved with.  Here are a few things that I learned:

1) Don't expect to get a real feel for what the gowns look like on you. The gowns in stock are generally either too small or too large and don't look right.  Most the gowns I tried on were size 5 and were way to small on me and just looked awkward.

2) Don't give in to the pressure!  Remember that the people fitting you for the gowns are trying to make the sale and will give you all sorts of speeches about how if you like this particular gown, you must act now because its either discontinued, the designer takes awhile to finish the dress, or some other excuse to make you feel like you have to rush your decision.  If the dress is meant to be, the dress will still be available and will get to you in plenty of time.

3) Know what you are looking for when you enter the shop, but be willing to try on multiple styles.  One style that you may have thought you wouldn't look good in may look fantastic on you!  Don't be afraid to try on every style they have in the shop!  Not only will you get a better feel for what you are comfortable in, but its fun!

4)  If you are looking for a designer dress, but don't want to pay the designer price, check out these websites:

PreOwned Wedding Dresses
Once Wed
Recycled Bride

If you are interested in hearing more about my shopping experience or the rest of my wedding planning stories, visit my other blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment