Monday

Marina Morrison Bridal Salon

This past Friday I headed up to Marina Morrison in San Francisco to try on dresses.  The salon is located on the 4th floor of the Gumps building.  The salon is light and welcoming and the staff is extremely friendly and knowledgable.  They make you feel very comfortable and even though I am cutting it close with ordering the dress, I didn't feel pressured at all to make the purchase.

Marina Morisson is the only salon in Northern California that carries Claire Pettibone's line.  If you aren't familiar with her dresses, she uses a lot of lace and her gowns are whimsical and romantic.  Very different from any other dresses I've seen.  Katie, the consultant who helped me, said that if you are a Claire bride, nothing else compares.  Its so true.  I found my dress, but this post isn't about that.  If you want to read more, you can visit my wedding blog here.

My experience was amazing, just what I always thought it should be while shopping for the dress.  I highly recommend it to brides out there.  A few things to think about though, all the dresses start at around $3,000.  In house alterations are $450-$650, but don't they won't go over the $650 mark.  The salon is appointment only and they are open Tuesday through Saturday.  

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment