Sunday

Fall Floral Festival- Triton Museum of Art

The DeYoung Museum's Bouquets to Art exhibit is one of my favorites.  I love seeing how floral professionals see and interpret works of art.  I was excited to find out that the South Bay has their own version and went to check it out this weekend at the Triton Museum of Art in Santa Clara.  The entrance fee was a suggested donation of $5 for Sunday, and there was an event on Saturday evening that was $50/person and included a raffle and much more.  Definitely something to check out next year!

Although the event is smaller than the DeYoung exhibit, the talent featured is every bit as good as the  San Francisco designers.  I was pleasantly surprised to find a design by my good friend Poppie Rodriguez, owner of Sashay Floral.



Another designer featured was Kika Shibata, who came to College of San Mateo recently.  



These next two pieces were interpretations of the same piece of art.  I found the differences very interesting.  The first is by designer Ahou Shams and the second by Barbara Rodriquez.




Here are a few other designs that I enjoyed:







No comments:

Post a Comment