Wednesday

Floral Art

After a few weeks of internet issues, I am back!  Here are a few of my latest designs for your viewing pleasure!

I wanted to try something really artsy and decorative like I've seen at Bouquets to Art and other exhibits like it, so I went on the hunt for a container that "spoke" to me.  It took weeks, but after several trips to Home Goods, I found this beautiful container (which cracked as I was getting it out of my car!  It was still useable though.).  I wanted to mimic the mosaic tiles in the design with a waterfall effect.  Using chicken wire as my frame, I secured it with wire and anchored it into the container with curly willow.  I then wove the bear grass and plumosa fern to cover the chicken wire before adding mango calla lilies, red freesias, green orchids and a decorative berry.  I am very pleased with how it came out.



This bouquet was inspired by a book on manipulating leaves in floral design.  You will probably see a lot more designs with leaves folded and cut into different shapes in the near future as I practice those techniques!  I first did a bridal, round bouquet with red roses and white freesias.  I then took the bear grass and formed it around the handle to create the "tail" and taped it in place.  The ribbon is a moss ribbon I found at JoAnn's and it is secured with pins and silver Oasis Diamond Wire.  I added a few lines of the diamond wire over the bouquet as well to add some extra sparkle.  I then glued silver and red beads onto the bear grass using Oasis floral glue.  I thought it needed even more sparkle (who doesn't love more sparkle!) and place crystal lomey pins in each of the rose heads.




The next two designs are asymmetrical and vertical designs using silk flowers.




No comments:

Post a Comment