Monday

Rene van Rems

Recently, I attended a workshop hosted by Mt. Eden Floral, taught by the talented and entertaining Rene van Rems hosted by Mt. Eden

Due to my schedule, I've never been able to go to a workshop like this outside of school.  After today, I plan to go to as many as my bank account will allow!

The workshop focused on bridal bouquets and how to make a fashionable bouquet using bouquet holders.  Yes, I said bouquet holders!  Those plastic, tacky looking things from the 80s.  Most bride's look once at them and say, "No way!", but I'm here to tell you, "Yes way!"

There are so many products in the floral world that can make these holders look classy, sassy and most importantly, fashionable.  You can still get the hand-tied look using the bouquet holders, but the flowers will stay fresher a lot longer than a regular hand tied bouquet.  When you are talking to your florist about your bouquet, make sure to ask them about bouquet holders and see what they can do with them, you will be surprised!

In next few weeks, you will get to see a few different styles that I worked on for a photo shoot in San Francisco.  They turned out lovely and highlighted the designer gowns that our model wore.  Check back next Monday for photos of the designs and the shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment