Monday

Taylor and Bryce

It's amazing to me how the internet can connect people.  A good friend of mine responded to a Craigs List advertisement for a work-out buddy.  The two of them started working out together and became good friends.  A few months ago my friend introduced me to Taylor and her fiancé.  When she discovered that I was a florist, she asked me if I would drive up to Yuba City and do bouquets and boutonnieres for her wedding.  I agreed and we started the planning.

For the fathers, I rolled petals from the Cabaret roses and used the cream garden rose buds.





The groomsmen boutonnieres had a cream bud with purple accents and monkey tail fern.


The grooms boutonniere was a mixture of the first two with a rolled Cabaret rose petal, monkey tail fern and cream garden rose.  For an added touch, Taylor had me put a locket on the boutonniere that belonged to Bryce's mother




The bridesmaids bouquet had mostly creams with hints of peach and a bright coral peony that really made the bouquet pop.  In each of the bouquets, there was a small photo frame of each girl with her spouse on their wedding day.  A very special touch for the special girls in Taylors life.


In the brides bouquet, I used peach garden roses, peach hydrangea, a white peony's and the beautiful Cabaret rose.  A collar of Dusty Miller surrounded the bouquet and gave it an antique feel.  There were small clusters of purple statice as a remembrance for the grooms mother who passed away.







It was definitely a challenge to get all the flowers up to Yuba City.  A few of them didn't make it and I had to take the bouquets apart in my car and fix them up a bit.  I think they turned out nicely and I loved the colors!  I did learn a lot, and have since learned some techniques I could have used from the great Rene van Rems which I will share with all you brides to be in next weeks blog post!  Until then, a big congratulations to newly-weds Taylor and Bryce Barrow!

*A big thank you to Kim Wodarczyk for her help!*

No comments:

Post a Comment